First Place Prizes:
• Level I- $300 • Level II- $400 • Level III- $500 Level IV- $700 • Level V- $1000
First, second, and third place winners receive commemorative medals
At least two pieces of contrasting style and period. One piece should be by the French composer Claude Debussy, Maurice Ravel, Gabriel Fauré, or Francis Poulenc. Other French composers may be considered upon approval of the Artistic Director.
• Level I ages 9 and under (max 8 minutes)
• Level II ages 10 - 11 (max 8 minutes)
• Level III ages 12 - 13 (max 10 minutes)
• Level IV ages 14 - 15 (max 12 minutes)
• Level V ages 16 - 18 (max 15 minutes)
Age requirements apply to applicant’s age as of April 27, 2019. Applicants must reside in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Virginia. Application opens Tuesday, January 15, and must be received before midnight on Friday, February 15. All participants will receive judges’ comments and commemorative certificate. The application fee for all divisions is $75 and is non-refundable.
Please direct questions to Melinda Baird
firstname.lastname@example.org • 202.774.6277
Have all your questions answered — by phone or email.
Get the latest from Steinway Piano Gallery Washington, DC.